The term “supplier diversity” refers to business strategy that integrates businesses owned by diverse groups and/or individuals in its supply chain. Cestus is proud to be a diverse supplier. As a WOSB, EDWOSB, DBE, MBE, WBE and SBA Certified Business, we’re dedicated to serving and working with all members of our diverse community to develop premium hand protection for our clients around the world.
Importance of Supplier Diversity
Diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords. Incorporating supplier diversity into our business strategy isn’t just the right thing to do. It also helps us serve our clients better. When individuals and groups with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds come together to provide goods and services, we’re able to more accurately represent and serve our communities.
At Cestus, the goal of diversity is ingrained in our mission and values. We work in a diverse and inclusive environment by choice to ensure our products are of the highest quality and that our employees and the people we collaborate with reflect the people we serve.
Supplier-diversity certification takes place through third-party agencies dedicated to advocating for diverse businesses and business owners, and the process generally involves documentation, screening, and interviews. Cestus is proud to maintain the following certifications:
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) - Women-owned businesses make up just 21 percent of small businesses in the United States across all industries. This certification is given to small businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, controlled, and managed by women.
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) - This certification is granted to women-owned and controlled small businesses, with limits on the personal net worths, incomes, and assets of business owners.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) - This program aims to promote fairness and remedy the past and ongoing discrimination faced nationwide by small businesses owned and controlled by economically and socially disadvantaged individuals and groups.
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) - Businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by Black, Hispanic, Native American, Asian Pacific, or Subcontinent Asian individuals qualify for this certification.
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE) - This certification and program is designed for businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, controlled, and managed by a woman or women. WBE certification involves a rigorous documentation and site visit process.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - The SBA has been around since 1953 and operates as an independent federal agency that aims to protect, assist, and advocate for small businesses across the nation. The agency also operates a variety of programs to help diverse small businesses.
Cestusline’s Commitment to Diversity
At Cestus, diversity is ingrained in how we operate, who we work with, and how we produce and supply our gloves to our clients worldwide. We serve diverse people and organizations, and we know how important it is for our entire supply chain to reflect this diversity.
We’re proud of our diverse roots and we’re committed to an inclusive business strategy now and in the future. If you’re interested in partnering with us on supplying high-quality, durable work gloves for your organization or company, browse our collections and feel free to contact us with any questions or for more information.